Girl Talk: The Girl with the Curl

girl talk

Having girlfriends is the best.thing.ever.  Someone with whom you can swap stories, giggle and share life’s wonderful moments. There’s so much wisdom that I have gained from the amazing women in my life; whether about the best product to get rid of dreaded frizz or advice on how to live my life with passion.  My life is better because of the girlfriends in it.  That’s why I started “Girl Talk“.

This is my beautiful friend, Ashlynn.  You probably know her from here, here and here (ok so maybe she’s something of a celebrity around here)

She has amazing hair.  I mean, clearly.  I asked her to share how she gets her drool-worthy curls on today’s “Girl Talk”.  Take it away Ashlynn!

Step 1. Start with blown dry hair.

View More: http://laurenmodny.pass.us/holidayresend

**hint** “second day” hair is best as the curl will hold better when your hair has more of its natural oil.

Step 2. Plug in your hot rollers and allow to set for at least 15 minutes for long or thick hair, 5-10 minutes should be sufficient for short or thin hair.

**hint** I use Remington Style – Ceramic Compact Hot Rollers

Step 3. Start at the crown of your head and wrap 1-2 inch sections of hair around each hot roller and secure with the pins provided.

**hint** i dab a little bit of gel (light hold) onto the sections of hair right before i roll them, you could use a light spray of hairspray as well.

Step 4. Repeat the curling process until you have wrapped all of your hair in hot rollers.

View More: http://laurenmodny.pass.us/holidayresend

Step 5. Leave in for at least 30 minutes.

**hint** you can use this time to do your makeup or finish getting ready or pretend you’re a fabulous movie star.

Step 6. Starting at the base of your neck and working upwards, unwrap each roller in a spiral motion.

Step 7. Shake out your curls and run your fingers through them to separate.
Step 8. Spray with hairspray to finish and you’re done!

How fun! Thanks Ashlynn! Can’t wait to try it myself.

Stay tuned, tomorrow we have a special treat so you can try this yourself at home!

Photos provided courtesy of Lauren Modny Photography

12 Comments on Girl Talk: The Girl with the Curl

1. Liza
    January 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM (3 years ago)

I’ll have to give this a shot one of these days. My hair is as straight as it can be and usually falls out in an hour. Last time I did curls for my sister’s wedding, it took a lot of gunk and bobby pins just to hold it. I had to wash it out three or four times. Unless you have another suggestion without using a ton of damaging products.

• lovealwayshannah
      January 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM (3 years ago)

I know the feeling! I’ve found the tip about using just a little gel or hairspray before the hot roller to really help. Good luck Liza! Let me know how it works. XOXO

• Liza
        January 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM (3 years ago)

Awesome, thanks Hannah! Love your amazing posts!

• lovealwayshannah
        February 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM (3 years ago)

Thanks so much Liza! Hope you are doing well! Feels like forever since I’ve seen you. Sending big hugs your way! XOXO

• Liza
        February 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM (3 years ago)

Same here, we’ll see each other soon enough! 🙂

2. Lauren
    January 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM (3 years ago)

Love this post! Ashlynn has such great hair! Great photos too! 🙂

• lovealwayshannah
      January 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM (3 years ago)

Thank YOU for the amazing photos! Love working with you! Always so much fun! XOXO

3. Kirsten
    January 22, 2014 at 5:39 PM (3 years ago)

I remember sponge curlers! I think my worst hair was big bangs curled straight up. And the high school freshman picture that demonstrated just how difficult it is to get that right! I think that is when I started growing out my bangs.
    Love the gorgeous curls and all the tips! Thanks!

• lovealwayshannah
      January 22, 2014 at 10:02 PM (3 years ago)

I remember our bangs! I think we totally rocked them! 😉 We were too cool for school. I am however hoping that that trend doesn’t make a comeback with the floral pants 🙂 Hope you are well! XOXO

• Kirsten
        January 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM (3 years ago)

Are you rocking the floral pants? Can’t quite bring myself to do it. We may be getting a nice old victorian with a pink tiled bathroom you could love!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Girl Talk: The Girl with the Curl

1. […] ← Girl Talk: The Girl with the Curl […]

2. […] You were randomly selected to receive a set of  Remington Style : Ceramic Compact Hot Rollers just like the one’s Ashlynn used in her hair tutorial here. […]