The past few weekends ( & all the days in between) have been pretty crazy. That’s part of the reason I’ve been so bad about capturing them in photos. This weekend was no exception BUT I did manage to get some photos. This weekend included… spray painting pumpkins… bright blue skies… pinwheels… Thread… Bistro Du Coin… birthday celebrations… photoshooting… gold spray paint…goodbye parties…the national arboretum…Eminem…crafting…and lots of other fun and craziness.
On days like today we remember the men and women who have left the comfort of their every day lives to fight for and defend our freedom.
On days like today we honor those who have devoted their lives to honor.
On days like today we remember that in war there are no unwounded soldiers.
On days like today we hug our loved ones a little bit closer.
On days like today we remember those who have literally given their all for us.
On days like today we say what we should say everyday.
We each have choices in life. Your choices have made mine possible. For that and a million more sacrifices I’ll never know. Thank you.
Happy Veterans Day!
One of the less glamorous parts of running your own events company is the amount of STUFF you end up hauling around on a regular basis. At any given moment I might have everything from tree branches to tulle stuffed in the back of my car. I’m a veritable party on wheels. You never know when the trunk will explode with confetti.
JUNK IN THE TRUNK
Currently the trunk includes… tree branches… spray paint… a chalk board… 500 feathers… lace… fairy wings… rope…a lot of pillows…tulle…a silver pitcher… a random hub cap….and about a million other things still to be discovered.
There are days that the urge to give up is overwhelming. Throwing in the towel and quitting seem like the only logical option. It can feel like taking the next breath or the next step is just too much to handle. Problems loom and seem to block out the light of hope. It can feel like everything in life has joined forces with the express purpose of ensuring you never succeed…ever.
Those days suck.
Like for reals, they are the worst.
I unfortunately am not immune to those days. They happen more frequently than I would like but over the years there’s a couple of things I’ve realized and have to remind myself of frequently.
1. Those days are just…days. Even though sometimes they string together and feel like a never-ending trial. The truth is they will end. There will be a better day. You will succeed. The sun will shine again. (cue: Annie)
2. You have what it takes. You have to believe it. Even if you don’t feel like it. You have what it takes. Tell yourself that…in the mirror…out loud…every day. It will help.
3. Baby steps are still steps. Just keep moving. They may feel like the smallest improvements, but every step counts.
4. You’re not alone. That’s it. You’re not. Ever.
5. The urge to quit is usually the greatest right before you are about to succeed. Things are about to change. Don’t give up too soon. So many people miss out because they stop too soon. Hang on just a little longer. (click on the link for one of my favorite songs)
So today, if you feel like quitting, I hope this helps. Please know that I’m praying for you. You’re not the only one that feels this way. I’ve been there many times (as recently as last week). Things will get better. If it feels like the urge is intensifying, know that change is around the corner. There is so much good in your future.